Saturday, October 1, 2011

Abigail's Quilt

Another quilt went from cut to wash in under 2 weeks for a surprise baby shower for my boss. I went back and forth about making a quilt for my boss that I had only worked with for about 6 weeks, but in the end I decided I couldn't resist. She seemed very impressed that it was hand made so maybe she doesn't have a lot of crafty family members and friends. I've actually decided that I am going to make another quilt for her older daughter Hanna before she returns in January. Hannah's favorite color is purple so I am thinking about doing a purple Warm Wishes quilt.

Pic!!! This was a Disappearing 9-Patch made with the same fabrics I used for Sophia's quilt!



In other news, I think I might be gathering the courage to start on another large quilting project. My last was Gram's quilt, and before that it was Hannah's Tetris Quilt. I am going to be making a twin size quilt with the Garden Party Pattern. I have the pattern, just need to start purchasing fabric for it. I will not cut it until I am completely done with the vet quilts and they are due to the group next week!

Sample Garden Party Quilt:



And that will complete my 11 in '11 goal... if I can finish it!


1. Gram's Quilt- DONE
2. Joe's Quilt- DONE
3. Wedding Quilt- DONE
4. Sophia's Quilt- DONE
5. Raj's Baby Quilt- DONE
6. Veteren Quilt (Ribbon Star)- DONE
7. Veteren Quilt (Log Cabin)- In progress
8. Project Linus Quilt- DONE
9. Abigails' Quilt- DONE
10. Hanna's Quilt- Planning (Warm Wishes)
11. Garden Party- Planning


In other sewing news, I am taking a 3-week class in garment making. I'm making Jason a button-down shirt called an Aloha shirt. I have never really felt comfortable making clothing, so this is an attempt to improve my skills in that area. He picked out the fabric- it's brown and boring, but will hide any mistakes well. There is also no nap or pattern to match :)

No comments:

Post a Comment