Friday, December 31, 2010

Mystery Quilt

I'm a planner. That's why I like to look at patterns and spend hours choosing every fabric for each block. It's why I don't like mystery quilts. Yet, somehow, I've committed to doing on.

Was it a good choice to start this author's first mystery quilt? I'm not entirely sure yet, seeing as I've already found a mistake in the fabric requirements that has me running to Joann's first thing tomorrow. But she seems really nice- I've actually spoken to her on the phone a few times now- and everyone has a first mystery pattern. Or at least every mystery pattern writer has a first :)

Here are my fabric choices. It's tough because I have to rely on her description of how to select which fabrics will be used for each clue. But I keep telling myself no matter what the quilt looks like, I love these colors so it should be okay :)

No comments:

Post a Comment